Join us for We Move Forward 2016 and celebrate Internation Women's Day on Isla Mujeres!  
For real-time updates, follow us on Facebook
Sharing La Isla
Isla Mujeres information Sharing
Isla Mujeres Q&A Board Isla Q&A Board
Message Board Isla Chatter Board
Trip Calendar Trip Calendar
Isla Mujeres Recipies Isla Recipes
Isla Mujeres Postcards e-Postcards
User Stories Isla Stories
Isla Mujeres Photos User Photos

Vacation Journal
| Isla Stories Main Page | Add or Update Your Stories |


By: sheepdog3 (View Profile)
Date: 1/16/2011

We arrived on Isla with no rain finally! Yeah!!!! We had a layover in Atlanta from Baltimore. We got up at 2am to make coffee say goodbye to the sheepdog and finally leave in the car after 2 returns to the house for forgotten items. We had light flurries on the way to Baltimore from York, pa. which is an hour drive, and stopped for breakfast before the airport. The plane had to be deiced before take off which took an extra 15 minutes, then we were off.

We changed planes and clothes in Atlanta, then on to Cancun airport. We got our bags, and headed to the checkpoint, where Deb hit the buttopn and, ALTO, (DUMP EVERYTHING OUT ON THE TABLE) The Cancun airport is a very relaxing place! Must be all the machine guns!!

We got out to the street where Best Day was waiting for us. After about a 25 minute wait, which is really only 5 mexican minutes, we were off to Gran Puerto. We bought the ferry tickets and a 6 pack of tecate, we were on the ferry over. As soon as we got off the ferry, it was straight up to Bally Hoo for the fish tacos and some Pacifico, my favorite mexican beer, and Deb had a pina colada.

We then hailed a taxi to the Avalon, checked in right away, then got changed and headed to the beach. We stayed at the beach til sunset was over (our 1st Isla sunset). We watched it from the far pier at the Avalon, just the 2 of us. Then we got changed, and headed to Jax to meet Jimbo, had a beer, then over to Valesquez for dinner. Deb suggested we both share a whole fried fish, it was great! Then it was onto the Super Mercado for pastry, beer, sugar for coffee for breakfast, then back to the Avalon to pass out. We had been up for 22 hours.

Promote your Business with Us!

View our Site Map or Privacy Statement

Copyrightę 2019 All rights reserved.